Taking Care of your Kidneys
Why take this online course:
‘Taking care of your Kidneys’ is a course that empowers you with validated information about your kidneys.
Kidneys are a pair of miracle organs that filter out the waste and toxic material from our body in the form of urine.
It is estimated that about 10% of the world’s population is affected by chronic kidney disease (CKD), and the majority are discovered when it is too late to reverse the damage.
This course will help you not only make healthy choices but also train you on how to recognise the early symptoms and signs of kidney disease.
This course is a must for anyone who has a relative with kidney disease or if they are prone to chronic kidney disease.
Course Content:The course consists of four short modules that guide you through the basics of the kidneys, how they function, and what are the symptoms of kidney disease. These modules include:
- Introduction to kidneys: structure and functions
- Kidney diseases and its causes
- Early symptoms and signs of kidney diseases
- General recommendations to keep kidneys healthy
The interactive illustrative design of the course and the format will make the learning very simple, immersive and impactful.
The course consists of many interactive power-point videos, interesting activities and simple tools to assess your knowledge in addition to theoretical explanation.
Who can join
- Anyone interested in knowing how the kidneys function, their role in our body and how to keep them healthy.
- Recommended for people above the age of 14.